lb -- the little budget tool

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabriel at teuton.org
Tue Nov 23 02:17:56 EST 2004

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I introduce to you lb, the little budget tool for GnuCash.  It is a
command-line utility to help you keep a budget using your GnuCash data.

As you all know, GnuCash is an excellent financial package.  You probably
also know that it lacks a budgeting tool -- although one is in the works.
To get me by until this new feature comes out, I've created a command-line
tool to accomplish this task.  In the hopes that it will help other people,
I'm releasing it here:  http://www.teuton.org/~gabriel/lb.  License is GPL.

The lb utility will take a budget file (CSV format with values for each
account) and a cash-flow report (from GnuCash) and compare them
side-by-side.  It also calculates the difference for each line item.

Hope this helps!

--
                     G a b r i e l   M .   B e d d i n g f i e l d