Print problems GnuCash on Fedora Core 3

Bas Driessen bas.driessen at xobas.com
Tue Nov 23 08:43:06 EST 2004

Hello,

I upgraded from Fedora Core 2 to Fedora Core 3. Both distributions are
shipped with GnuCash 1.8.9. All works OK, except for the printing. It
appears that there is much more spacing used between lines, so my
invoices do not fit on a single page anymore. Also words that should
have been bold, are not bold. So perhaps the problem is a font problem.

There is a section in the FC3 release notes that may or may not be
related to this problem:

=== Quote ===
Due to the transition to the new font system based on fontconfig/Xft,
GTK+ 1.2 applications are not affected by any changes made via the Font
Preferences dialog. For these applications, a font can be configured by
adding the following lines to the file ~/.gtkrc.mine:

style "user-font" {

fontset = "<font-specification>"

}

widget_class "*" style "user-font"

(Where <font-specification> represents a font specification in the style
used by traditional X applications, such as "-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-

=== End Quote ===

I did try this, but no effect at all, but it may very well that I did
not put the correct details here. (Do I need to restart a service maybe
before it is picking it up?)

I understand printing is taken care of by gnome-print, but same story
here, FC3 ships with same version of gnome-print than FC2.

Hope anyone can help me out/give me a pointer to a solution.

Thanks,
Bas.