Harddisk full, Datafile corruption

Marc Gorzala gorzala at web.de
Tue Nov 30 14:08:50 EST 2004

Hi,
just a few hours ago, i entered a transaction in my gnucash saved it and
though everything is okay.
but when i launched gnucash again afterwards it said that it had
problems reading the datafile.
after a little bit investigation i found out that the hard disk was
full. i deleted something, hoping that the problem would be fixed that
way. but it wasn't!
my main datafile is called privat and when i take a look in it, it ended
  that way:

-------
<gnc:transaction version="2.0.0">
   <trn:id type="guid">92712cb5206676883f2aba0ad9c5b24f</trn:id>
   <trn:currency>
     <cmdty:space>ISO4217</cmdty:space>
     <cmdty:id>EUR</cmdty:id>
   </trn:currency>
   <trn:num>384</trn:num>
   <trn:date-posted>
     <ts:date>2004-11-11 00:00:00 +0100</ts:date>
   </
-------

seems that gnucash wrote until the disk was full and than ended :-(

does anyone know who i get at least something of my data?
my last backup is from 6.Oct 2004
not too new.

Yours Marc