Build problem with 1.8.9

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Thu Nov 11 17:55:18 EST 2004

This may be more of a Developer issue.

I have found it necessary to reinstall Mandrake 9.2 repeatedly for various
reasons.  This has gnucash 1.8.6, and I then upgrade from source.

I have Gnome-Print version 0.37, but I get repeated messages that it can't be
found.  Once I have all the other dependencies installed, everything is O.K.
Usually this means either looking at the output of ./configure higher up, or
at config.log higher up, but at one point, there is no clue.  The only answer
then is to install everything recommended by the README, instead of waiting
for "configure" to fail.  (That way is quicker, too, but shouldn't the screen
be more logical?)

Doug
--
ICQ Number 178748389. Registered Linux User No. 277548.
Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours.