Business reports wierdness

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Fri Oct 1 12:42:07 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have just come across some wierd behaviour with the A/P and A/R aging
business reports.

Up until the last time I ran GC (about a week ago), the reports showed a true
reflection of what I owed to whom.

However, today, I have several customers/vendors with report entries like:

Company Name 0.00   0.00    0.00   0.00  -xx.xx

where xx.xx is the sum of the first transaction made with that company.

If I set the reporting date about a week ago, the spurious entries dissappear.
Tried the same thing with a backup from earlier this month and it shows the
same behaviour.

GC 1.8.8, SuSE 9.1, nothing has changed recently.  The only factor that I can
see is that my GC file now has 1 year of data in it, dating back to Oct 1
2003.

Anyone else seen this and anyone know of a fix?

thanks,
Maf.