Investments Held In Trust

BruceG griffisb at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 4 08:22:20 EDT 2004

Hey all,

	I have 3 different trust accounts for my kids. This is in my and my wife's
name, held in trust for our kids for college. I also have a separate savings
account for each kid.

	How would I represent this in GnuCash? Would I put it under my main GnuCash
account, or create a separate GnuCash data file for each kid? Up until last
year, we included each of them when we filed taxes. Last year we reported
them as belonging to each kid (income was low enough per kid so they didn't
have to pay taxes).

	My thought is to create the accounts under my main GnuCash file and just mark
the accounts as held in trust.

Bruce