would like a monolithic html (or pdf) of the gnucash tutorial

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Wed Oct 13 19:20:34 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 13 October 2004 10:50 pm, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 October 2004 7:30 pm, Ken Wolcott wrote:
> > Hi;
> >
> >   I would like a monolithic html (or pdf) of the gnucash tutorial
> > (http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v1.8/C/gnucash-help/help.html). Where do I

(try again)

http://code.neil.williamsleesmill.me.uk/gnucash-help.html
(The top of the page is usually hidden by the default link, the table of
contents is lower down.)
It doesn't look as good as the separate files because I've had to use a
default stylesheet instead of a customised Gnome one.
xsltproc -o
html/gnucash-help.html /usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/xsl/nwalsh/html/onechunk.xsl
gnucash-help.xml

Also, the source DocBook XML is in separate files to start with - this means
that it's easy to add separate files to other separate files in a directory,
it is not at all easy to add content from separate files into relevant places
within one single output file.

Finally, the images are missing.

All those differences are non-trivial to fix (at least as far as I can see) so
you'd need to explain why you need a perfect monolithic copy if the one I've
hacked together is insufficient.

P.S. The subject line talks of the tutorial:
http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v1.8/C/gnucash-guide/
http://code.neil.williamsleesmill.me.uk/gnucash-help.html

But your URL talks of the Manual:
http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v1.8/C/gnucash-help/titlepage.html
http://code.neil.williamsleesmill.me.uk/gnucash-guide.html

I had numerous errors when trying to access the XML via docbook directly so I
can't produce PDF without delving deeper into xsltproc - you would need to
provide a good reason for these monoliths before I'll do that!

--

Neil Williams