Selling of stock does not work

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 15 08:46:23 EDT 2004

hi,

Please keep all messages CC'd to gnucash-user so everyone can benefit
from the questions and answers (and so it gets into the public
archive).

If you're using the German Locale then your "locale currency" is
Euro...  So you are NOT performing an "all-USD" transaction.  You
are performing a USD/Euro/Stock multi-commodity transaction, which
does not work from the stock register.

The umlaut issue has been discussed to death on the lists.  Please see
the FAQ about setting your locale to a non-UTF8 locale.  This is a bug
in gtkhtml and wont get fixed until gnucash finishes the gnome2/gtk2 port.

The "sum" issue has been fixed in CVS.

The menu without text is, I bet, the "Saved Reports" menu item, which
is empty until reports get saved.  Ideally the menu shouldn't exist until
at least one report is saved.  Feel free to file a bug report on that
at bugzilla.gnome.org.

-derek