Wages Liability

Bill Wisse wiswp at niue.nu
Mon Oct 18 15:35:13 EDT 2004

On Monday 18 October 2004 04:20, David Harrison wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 13:26:14 -1100, Bill Wisse <wiswp at niue.nu> wrote:
> > It is probably easy but.............
> >
> > I have a couple of employees who I pay weekly.
> > The entries in GC for that are not a problem, however how do I do the
> > following?
> > Every week I want to set aside (on paper) an amount what covers for Sick
> > and Holiday pay.
> > I want this to show up  as a liability.
> > Now my question is what accounts do I use?
>
> I would use a liability account called something like Employee
> benefits payable.  The expense side would be called Employee benefits.
>
> Hope that helps,

Thanks Dave.
before I send the question I had it like this:

I created ( under liabilities) an account called : Sick + Holiday pay.
The problem I faced was the expense account.
I ended up in creating ( under Assets) an account : Unpaid Sick + Holiday pay.
But , this shows up as a negative amount and I felt this wasn't right, hence
my question.
Any more ideas?

--
The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country."
- George W. Bush, January 29, 2001, Washington, DC

Greetings from
/bill at 169 west , 19 south.
Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling, tact, or fact are
transmission errors."