Feeding the Cash in Wallet Account from the ATM Account

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabriel at teuton.org
Tue Oct 19 23:38:40 EDT 2004

Neil Williams wrote:

> It can get quite tedious to get the Cash in Wallet account to reconcile.

I try to keep track of cash transactions as well.  Here's how I manage it.

1. ATM W/D:  W/D from Checking, Deposit in "Cash in Wallet"
2. Cash expense:  W/D from "Cash in Wallet," deposit in "Expense:*"
 *** try to collect cash receipts where possible.

When my wallet becomes empty, I try to balance the account.  I usually have
about $5 or $10 that I can't account for (vending machines, fast food,
etc.).  I just enter the $5 or $10 transaction with memo "Don't know where
it went."  The money is withdrawn from "Cash in Wallet" and deposited into
the default spending account (e.g. "Expenses:Misc" or
"Expenses:Blackhole").

HTH!

--
                     G a b r i e l   M .   B e d d i n g f i e l d