gnucash-1.8.9 does not recognize date field from wachovia downloads

Martes Wigglesworth martes.wigglesworth at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 23 13:49:44 EDT 2004

I appologize, but I only have memory of the incidents. Cannot use the
1.8.9 due to this problem, so don't have it installed anymore.  I can
tell you that in the following scenario, I would get a rediculous date
in the appropriate field:

Downloaded current banking transactions from bank.
File>Import>ofx>file.qfx
"edit the entries with the nifty import/reconsile tool"
>finish

Then I look at the date fields for the newly imported transactions, and
they have dates like 01012000 or something like that.  I don't have the
problem with regular transactions, so that is why I think that it is an
import field read error.

I am a bit dismayed that noone has pointed this out, because I have
experienced this on Suse linux 9.0, and my current system, listed in my
signature.

Any help is appreciated.
--

M.G.W.