Two errors with Gnucash

Richard Thomas tich at clad.co.nz
Tue Oct 26 14:02:34 EDT 2004

I'm running gnucash-1.8.8-49 on Suse Pro 9.1. I have been running Gnucash
first under various RedHat versions for several years and switched to Suse
about 4 months or so ago.

Recently I have had two errors start occuring.  The first one involves
Scheduled Transactions.  I have a number of these and they were fine for
about a year or so.  However, in the last month when ever a scheduled
transaction is run the account balance column only shows a dollar sign
instead of the actual balance.  I have to manually edit each transaction
in order to get the balance to display.  All I do is remove and replace
the last digit of each side of the transaction and hit enter and the
balance is restored correctly.

I have deleted and re-entered all the scheduled transactions to no avail.
I also tried starting a complete new file with new accounts and
transactions and I get the same behaviour.

The second problem involves disappearing files.  I have a network and use
Samba (samba-3.0.2a-51) to provide network shares.  The gnucash data files
are stored on one of these shares as are all my work related files.  In
the last week I switched the server OS from RedHat 9.0 to Suse Pro. 9.1.
Now when I save a file under gnucash the file is deleted from the network
share instead of being saved.

I have no problem with other applications (OpenOffice for instance) and
saving files to the same network share.   I can also save the gnucash file
to a local filesystem and then manually copy the file to the network
share.  It's only when gnucash does the save that the file disappears.

Can anyone shed any light on these problems?

Regards
Richard