Insert Customer modifying/build Gnucash file

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 29 16:09:42 EDT 2004

Antonio Laterza <anlater2001 at yahoo.it> writes:

> Sorry, if I am repeating almost the same question of
>
> I have many values that are not in any standard format, I can extract values
> (Customer, Invoice,...etc) and suppose I can produce output as need to Gnucash.
>
> I know that the following is dangerous so I did it on a copy of original file with Gnucash off:
> I opened Gnucash file and duplicated customer's lines changing the values of guid, and all
> occurence of Client1 with Client2. Similar thing I wish I did on invoice.
> Please don't mind if this is a silly question. :)
[snip]

Perhaps I'm just tired, but I don't see any question here to answer.  :(

If the unasked question was "can I do this?" the answer is "yes, but."
Yes, you can do that, but it's not supported and we don't guarantee
that you'll be able to do so in the future.  Nor we guarantee that
your resulting data file with actually work.

On the other hand, once Neil finishes his BookMerge code you'll be
able to create an XML file with the objects you want to add into your
gnucash data file and just merge them in.