FreeCoins and gnuCash revisited

David J Patrick davidjpatrick at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 1 13:10:46 EDT 2004

FreeCoins is a full-featured accounting program (similar to GnuCash) for
the Palm OS released under GPL. It has been discussed here on several
occasions and I would like to suggest that it get another look.
Although it has not seen much development, recently, it is usable and
stable. Considerable effort has gone into exporting FreeCoins data to
QIF and GnuCash files, although the implimentation could use some
smoothing.
Past efforts to fully integrate gnuCash and FreeCoins have seemingly
stalled, but things change and technologies develop and sometimes
revisiting an old idea can lead to a new solutions.
I don't expect the of GnuCash developers to leap forward, as a result of
this post, but I would be thrilled if they (you) formally recognise what
a boon such a system would be, to many gnuCash users, and to officially
add the project to the list of future improvements.
Thanks for considering it,
djp

sites
http://freecoins.sourceforge.net/