Mutual Funds Cap Gains or Dividend Reinvestment

Aaron Gaudio prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org
Thu Sep 2 08:01:38 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 22:09 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> I have no idea...  I've never played with the report.  Have you
> checked the Report Options?  It's quite possible the report doesn't
> report ROI.  Is there a label for ROI on the report?
>
> -derek

I'm using gnucash 1.8.9 and the report has a "Total Return" column.
Technically, I think what we have been talking about is "Total
Return" (total return would be the appreciation plus dividend/capital
gains income divided by the cost, but the report does not appear to take
into consideration dividend/capital gains income). I believe "ROI" would
really be just the dividend/capital gains cashflow divided by the cost.

--
Aaron Gaudio <prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org>