entering a transaction

John Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Sun Sep 5 19:43:20 EDT 2004

got it installed, created a chart of acounts, now I want to enter some
transactions.  can someone give me a step by step for the below 3
transactions.  I should be able to take it from there.

1) paid 1,000 rent:  dr rent 1000,   cr checking acct 1000
2) rcvd 5000 in revenue:  dr checking acct 5000,
     cr repair fees  1000, cr sales 4000
3) write a paycheck: cr checking 1000, dr salary 1300,
    cr fica 100, cr fed inc tax with 200

this should be crystal clear from the doc, but it isn't.
tia,
--
John Sowden
American Sentry Systems. Inc.

U.L. Listed Central Station Alarm Service
Serving the San Francisco Bay Area Since 1967

mail at americansentry.net
http://www.americansentry.net