Reports by Month

Bob Goodwin robert.goodwin2 at worldnet.att.net
Tue Sep 7 14:11:46 EDT 2004

Derek Atkins wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Andreas Guther <Andreas.Guther at guther.com> writes:
>

>>Hi:
>>
>>I am using GnuCash 1.8.1.
>>

>1.8.9 is current.  You should update.
>

>>Where can I found information on how to generate reports by for
>>example by month, or a quarter?
>>

>Edit the report options for the report in particular to get it to
>report only for the month/quarter in question.
>

>>Is the only way to generate reports that are not part of the
>>distribution to write scheme code?
>>

>The only way to create new reports is to write scheme code, but most
>of the existing reports have options you can set to modify how the
>report behaves.  This should all be documented.
>

>>Thanks in advance for any help.
>>
>>Andreas
>>

>-derek

"Edit the report options for the report in particular to get it to
report only for the month/quarter in question."

I can't find any place in report options to generate a report for
a specific time period.  I would like to print the report for my
checking account for the last three months, July, August,
September perhaps?

If I understand the above statement I should be able to control
this from "report options" which only appears to allow me to set
what columns are included? I don't doubt that I'm doing something
wrong but what?

I'm using gnucash 1.8.9 obtained via yum today ...

Bob Goodwin   Zuni, Virginia