Blank Reports

Allen Ziegenfus listmail at allenz.net
Thu Sep 9 23:59:58 EDT 2004

I've just come across this blank reports problem, where if I try to
print a report I just get a blank page or at best some empty boxes.

I've seen some of the prior discussion of this as well as a bug report
that talks about needing to have the correct  version of the gtkhtml
library. Well I have gtkhtml-1.1.10 so I don't think that's the problem.
I'm as up to date on everything as is possible.

Last month I could print reports fine. All I know that's changed is that
I recompiled some base libraries in the course of  trying to fix
some bugs in other applications (I'm using gentoo).

So far I've tried rebuilding gtkhtml, guile and gnucash. That ended up
with me getting a SIGFPE floating point error and crash whenever gnucash
would start up and try to display the first report. The crash was at
line 1417 of htmltable.c in gtkhtml:

min_fill = MIN (min_pw - max_size [min_col], ((gdouble) min_pw * left) /
total_fill);

All of these variables here are gints. I've heard about the -mieee gcc
flag fixing these types of errors on Alpha (yes I'm running gnucash on a
DEC Alpha) so I tried that and voila I was able to bring up my account
file again. However I'm still beset by the blank report problem.

Anybody have any ideas? Do you think there's something in the above line
of code causing this problem? It's been a little while since I was up on
the rules of mixing data types in C expressions but it does appear a
little sloppy to be assigning a possibly floating point value to an int.

Allen