Printing Invoices

Dominic Amann dominic at lbs.ca
Thu Sep 16 08:50:25 EDT 2004

I am trying to use Gnucash in my small business (I have been using
Quickbooks Pro, the only program to require a Windows boot in my office).

I am doing ok so far, but there are several useability quirks.

1. I do not seem to be able to save "Options" under print invoice (such
as no tax in each row, print all applicable taxes in the totals), so
each time I print an invoice, I have to manually select a template, tell
it not to print taxes and discounts in each row, and to print all
applicable taxes in the summary.

2. The MDI/new window settings don't seem to make a difference. when
doing invoices, I still end up with a stack of windows all over my screen.

3. The documentation for the pre-made invoice forms is pretty thin, and
apparently somewhat out of date. I am struggling with the scheme to
re-organize things.

4. When printing, the page seems to break at the least provocation,
putting as little as one line on the second sheet when there is plenty
of border remaining.

5. The export to pdf produces an unuseable file. Printing to postscript
and using ps2pdf from the console works great.

6. I mostly work in canadian dollars, I do not want my currency
displayed for every amount item. I have discovered that if I blank the
customer currency field, it deals with most of it, but I still get "CAD"
in front of the GST or PST amounts calculated in the summary. Perhaps
there should be a single flag allowing the default currency to be
ommited from amounts?

If these things are considered bugs, do I post them here? Is there a
bugzilla?