Problems installing on Slackware-10.0

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Sep 20 13:58:04 EDT 2004

   Next problem with dependencies that I've not yet resolved:

checking for gnome-config... /usr/bin/gnome-config
Unknown library `xml'
checking for xmlNewDoc in -lxml... Unknown library `xml'
no
configure: error: Could not link sample xml program

   The libxml2 libraries are installed. I also installed libxml2-devel
libraries. But, I still get stuck at this point even after running
'ldconfig'.

   Gnucash is looking for a library named 'xml' and I don't have anyone by
that name here. I have 'libxml2' but apparently that's not the same. What
have I missed seeing here?

Thanks,

Rich

--