HTML to CSV - Convert Account Summary report to CSV?

BruceG griffisb at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 30 16:08:12 EDT 2004

On Thursday 30 September 2004 14:33, David Harrison wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:12:15 -0400, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
> > I was under the impression that OOo Calc could read an HTML Table?
> > Is that not true?
>
> Yes, it can.  It's not pretty, but it's not bad either.  I just tested
> using version 1.9m47 of OpenOffice.  I assume it works with the stable
> version as well.
>
> Dave

I just tried it with OOo Calc 1.1.1 stable. I can open the html table and
perform some math functions, so will mess with that next. The goal is to look
at 9 months of income / expense. Figure out my monthly average spent per
account, then add in liability payments (the interest shows up in expense,
but the principle shows up in liability, correct? so to get my true monthly
spending I would need to include expense and liability?). Add a + or - column
to see if I went over or under in each account.

So, Account Summary would have the actuals. I would estimate the budgeted
amount based on past trends, then calculate the over or under.
Thanks,
Bruce