Distributing Distributions

JUNIPER snijuniper at comcast.net
Sun Apr 3 12:50:38 EDT 2005

    From several real estate partnerships I get quarterly income in the
form of non tax-related "distributions." I set up an account for each
one, record quarterly distributions as "income:distributions" so I have
a record of it there, then transfer it to my checking account, where the
money will actually rest for a short time (I use the separate category
because although I want to keep track of "real" income, I don't want it
to get mixed up with taxable income).
    This takes two rather easy steps, but is there a more sensible way
to do this? I tried using the 'split' feature, but that doesn't seem to
be appropriate.
    All the help here makes it a pleasure to participate - I hope to be
able to reciprocate. Thanks to all!

    Steve