FAQ 1.10 not helping to recover reports

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 5 09:49:10 EDT 2005

The old reports are defined in a combination of ~/.gnome/GnuCash and
~/.gnucash/books/<BOOK-DATA-PATH>.  You need both files to agree upon
the set of "open tabs" for the reports to get restored.

Most likely your best bet at this point is to just re-create the
reports.  Unless you have a saved copy of ~/.gnome/GnuCash as well, in
which case you could put that file back in place and then (if the data
file location changed) hand-edit the file to match the new file name.

Sorry, the configuration is pretty fragile.  Blame the
developers-of-old that decided to do it this way...

Good Luck,

-derek