Help dereconciling account using XSLT

Richard Gilligan gilligan at pobox.com
Thu Apr 14 00:31:34 EDT 2005

On Apr 8, 2005, at 12:44 AM, Ben Pracht wrote:

> This may be OT, but hopefully someone will be nice and tell me that
> special something I forgot....
>
> I've recently had to add transactions to a credit card account which
> occurred prior to previously reconciled transactions.  I now want them
> all to be reconciled, which should be mostly a matter of telling
> GnuCash that none of them are reconciled, and let me go through the
> process again.

Why not use the normal reconcile process to mark the new(old)
transactions as reconciled?  I frequently add old transactions to
accounts I keep reconciled. Just pick an appropriate "statement date"
and don't bother changing the "Ending Balance". There is a non-obvious
step - select menu>reconcile>finish to force the process to complete
since the "finish" button will never appear (since the difference will
never get to 0.00).  I don't suppose this is an unclean practice.  I
could be wrong.

Cheers,

RGG