1.8.1 upgrade 1.8.11 doesn't recognize old accounts/files

Bill Pier bpier at mail.com
Wed Apr 20 12:41:07 EDT 2005

Well, I should have done a few other things before complaining, such
as looking at logging and debug.

I tried debugging first by using the GNC_DEBUG env. var. and started
scrutinizing the messages.  Meanwhile the GnuCash app was loading
and to my surprise loaded my existing accounts!  I had done nothing
other than invoke the debug messages.
Now, even without debug, the app loads my existing accounts just fine;
so what did debug do to the normal code path to cause it to find my
accounts/files?

Further, is there a definitive list of dirs/files that should be backed-up?

Here's the list I have accumulated:

    $HOME/.gnome/GnuCash
    $HOME/.gnome/accels/GnuCash
    $HOME/.gnucash
    $HOME/gnucash

.. and this directory my be app specific:
    /etc/gnucash

Bill Pier

-------