Giving up on Gnucash

Nils Jeppe nils at pandemonium.de
Fri Apr 22 00:34:25 EDT 2005

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Alex Kohl wrote:

> I really liked the idea of a non-commercial finance
> program. I knew that Gnucash would not try to display
> ads, secretly collect my private data or otherwise do
> things that were not in my interest.

Funny though, while I agree that GC has some rough edged, this security
would rank much higher in my opinion than any cosmetic font problems that
exist :D

Not that I had a problem reading anything in GnuCash.

> Scheme scripts inside of GnuCash. Not all of us have
> 21 inch monitors or 21 year old eyes. If I can't read
> my reports they aren't of much use.

I am running GnuCash on a 12" iBook, and if your eyes are worse than mine
you do have my sympathies :)

> it Microsoft, Intuit and other for-profit writers of
> proprietary software will continue to dominate.

To each their own, it's a matter of priorities I guess. Good luck, and be
sure to check out GC again in a year or so, it'll have changed for the
better to be sure.