Strange problem with balances changing over time

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Apr 22 11:46:58 EDT 2005

By any chance did you modify a transaction that had already been
reconciled?  Doing so will unreconcile the transaction, causing the
reconciled balance to be off.  However this would also cause the
particular transaction to show up again in the reconcile window the
next time you run the reconciliation process.

Usually you can ignore the "starting" balance and just make sure the
ending balance is correct; that will catch this sort of thing.

-derek