QIF import and accounts

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at farwestbilliards.com
Fri Apr 22 20:00:54 EDT 2005

Simon Arthur wrote:
> David Reiser wrote:
>
>> <snip snip>
>>
>> The first time you have to do it manually. Once a description has been
>> assigned an account, that account will show up as the default for
>> subsequent imports having the same description.

this is called a feature. It allows you to customize the imports of your
data so that you aren't necessarily forced to pigeon-hole your data in
exactly the same way as you did in the other program. Then it remembers
that customization for the next time.

> Thanks, David!
>
> Am I the only one who thinks that Gnucash is way too hard to get started
> with?

major flame-bait dude. see the other massive thread about this subject.
it gets really ugly. Gnucash has a learning curve just like any other
software. I'm 4 months into it and love it and won't look back. yeah it
was a PITA in the first month or so, but that doesn't detract form my
current experience at all. In fact, it really added to it as I now know
more about how the program works than I'd know if it had been smooth and
easy...