A response from the trenches

Baron Schwartz baron-gnucash at sequent.org
Sun Apr 24 08:02:29 EDT 2005

> THE GNUCASH PROJECT IS UNDERFUNDED AND UNDERSTAFFED!
>
> This is why every possible useful feature has not been implemented yet
> and why every bug has not been fixed.  Why don't you critics either stop
> complaining and find a way to help out or just quietly move on.
>
> I wouldn't blame you if you did start charging for your help, Derek.  I
> would like you to know, however, that I very much appreciate all of your
> (and the other devs and contributers) hard work on gnucash; it has
> finally enabled me to run my business financial operations (and
> consequently, all business computing operations) on open source
> software.

Amen.  You know, I used TurboTax online to do my taxes this year, and it
cost me $90 (gaaaaaah!  Never again!!).  GnuCash is worth a hell of a lot
more than that to me.  I'm making a donation of... more than that...
through SourceForge RIGHT NOW.  Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Rock on.

Baron