Appearance of unwanted character in reports

Brian Dolbec brian_dolbec at telus.net
Wed Apr 27 22:07:10 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-27-04 at 15:45 -0500, Stewart V. Wright wrote:
> G'day David,
>
> * David Needs <djnjwd at ntlworld.com> [050427 15:34]:
> > Thank you; this does solve the problem, but the advice given in the FAQ wiki
> > only works if you edit the LANG/locale settings in a shell, and then run
> > Gnucash from that shell. The FAQ does not suggest a way of permanently
> > keeping the settings so that it can be run without resorting to the command
> > line every time...
>
> I guess you want this to work for clicking on the GnuCash icon?
>
> Create a script that looks something like:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> LANG=en.AU gnucash
>
> (where the LANG is the one you want...  I'm sorry, but I deleted the
> start of this thread and can't remember the one you want!)

> Make it executable ( chmod a+x gnucash-script )
>
> Then change the command that your GnuCash button runs to be this
> script.
>

> There might be an easier way however.
>

> Fortunately this won't break anything if you make a mistake somewhere
> along the way!
>

> Cheers,
>
> S.

OR a shortcut:

right click the launcher menu item or icon > properties, then edit the
Command to :

LANG=en.AU gnucash

You can even click the checkbox to make it run in terminal.  That way
you do not have to go thru all the steps to get it to run from a
terminal.

Brian Dolbec <brian_dolbec at telus.net>