Cash basis accounting

Mark Johnson mrj001 at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 28 17:52:22 EDT 2005

Derek Atkins wrote:

>Andrew Sackville-West <andrew at farwestbilliards.com> writes:
>

>>>I've noticed the same thing.  When I select just a sub-account of
>>>income, it does not get counted.  When I select the subaccount and
>>>the parent account, all the child accounts get counted.  Perhaps,
>>>this should be reported as a defect?
>>>

>>same thing as before, uncheck the "show all sub-accounts" box. And you
>>must highlight each parent account all the way up the ladder to get a
>>particular sub-account to show up in the report.
>>

>*THAT* is a bug and should be reported..  Although I know this was
>fixed in _some_ reports.
>
>-derek

I was playing around with this last night for the cash flow report, and
I did not have to highlight the parent accounts all the way up for this
one.  So that's at least one report that is fixed.

Now my Options Dialog has a button that says "always show
sub-accounts".  I assume this is the button you mean.

It appears to have no effect when only accounts with no child accounts
are selected.  However, when I select a child account and also its
parent account with this button selected, the cash flow report lists the
child account twice under selected accounts.  Fortunately, this had no
effect on the Money In and Money out amounts.  So if it can be
considered a defect in the report, it is quite minor.

Thanks for your help too.  I now know better how to work this report so
it shows transfers to asset accounts such as "car savings" and "pension"
as being a cash outflow.  This is what I wanted.

Mark