importing ofx/qfx files

John Koreth jkoreth at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 11:12:03 EDT 2005

Apologies if this has been asked before!
I've been a very happy user of gnucash v1.8.9-15 on mac OS X, compiled
on a powerbook G4. After working flawlessly for the past six months, I
recently updated gnucash via finkcommander to v1.8.9-17 (the latest
version listed via fink).

The update went relatively well (one compile failure, then success).
Gnucash apparently runs fine, but, I've been unable to import ofx/qfx
files since then! During the import, the X11 terminal reads:

Error: ofx_proc_transaction_cb: WRITEME: Gnucash
ofx_proc_transaction():Add PAYEE and ADRESS here once supported by
libofx!

Error: ofx_proc_transaction_cb: WRITEME: Gnucash
ofx_proc_transaction(): WARNING: This transaction corrected a previous
transaction, but we created a new one instead!

Error: ofx_proc_transaction_cb: WRITEME: Gnucash
ofx_proc_transaction():Add PAYEE and ADRESS here once supported by
libofx!

Error: ofx_proc_transaction_cb: WRITEME: Gnucash
ofx_proc_transaction(): WARNING: This transaction corrected a previous
transaction, but we created a new one instead!

Error: ofx_proc_transaction_cb: WRITEME: Gnucash
ofx_proc_transaction():Add PAYEE and ADRESS here once supported by
libofx!

Error: ofx_proc_transaction_cb: WRITEME: Gnucash
ofx_proc_transaction(): WARNING: This transaction corrected a previous
transaction, but we created a new one instead!
<<

I reinstalled the gnucash-ofx v1.8.9-17 module via finkcommander, but
the problem persists.

Any insights much appreciated! As you might suspect, inability to
import statements is a big bummer....
thanks
John