Gnucash working under Tiger

Kevin T. Broderick kbroderick at smcvt.edu
Mon Aug 1 09:59:07 EDT 2005

On 28 Jul 2005, at 6:15 PM, Tom Kerswill wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just joined the list, but have been doing a bit of googling about
> gnucash and Tiger... the latest posts that I turned up seemed to
> suggest
> it doesn't work at all.
> [CHOMP]

It's been working fine for me since the initial Tiger-related fix in
the fink system, which was about two weeks after Tiger hit the
streets (IIRC).  I have noticed the slow startup issues, but as
another poster suggested, 10.4.2 has resolved some of the related
issues.  Updating prebinding (as referenced in another thread on
slowness with gnucash under Tiger) can help, too.

> The only thing that I've found doesn't work is printing invoices.
> When I
> try to do this, it crashes with the following message:
>
> dyld: Symbol not found: _gnome_user_dir
>  Referenced from: /sw/lib/libgnorba.27.dylib
>  Expected in: flat namespace
>
> - That's a minor problem though. Everything else works fine.
>
> Would be interested to see whether anyone else has success running
> Gnucash under Tiger?

I've successfully used gnucash, including printing receipts, under
Tiger.  As noted previously, startup was a bit slow under 10.4 and
10.4.1, but things seem to be working quite nicely under 10.4.2
(including printing an invoice to a file; IIRC I don't have the
correct config to print directly to the printer from X11 apps, as the
printer is not a PS printer).

Kevin Broderick / kbroderick at smcvt.edu