GNU Cash - max size of file.....

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Aug 6 16:42:56 EDT 2005

Hi,

There will probably be performance issues.  There are a number
of algorithms with are O(n) with the number of accounts of
number of transactions.  Even worse, there are SOME algorithms
which are worse, either O(n log n) or O(n^2)...  or even worse.

You're talking about 73000 transactions.  It's unclear how GnuCash
would react.  It mostly depends on how you're using it, and which
reports you use.  I would certainly recommend that any reports you
configure you save (i.e., leave open and never close)...  But it's
still likely you'll take a hit during startup.

-derek