Deleting accounts and resolving existing balances

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 16 08:29:42 EDT 2005

I would suggest you just zero-off the balance on the card by shifting
it to an Equity account.  Perhaps Equity:Ex Wife Debt, if you want
to keep track of how much she took.

Deleting an account is something you rarely want to do.  It does NOT
delete all the transactions in the account, it only deletes HALF of
them..  And if it DID delete all of them then you'd lose the balances
in other accounts, too.

So, your best bet is really to zeroize the account..  Or start a new
set of books.

-derek