qif files

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 25 13:26:44 EDT 2005

If you open the reputed qif file in a text editor, what is the first
line?

Hard to believe that Quicken itself doesn't create a standard qif,
but anyway, when I've had trouble with qif imports it was because the
creating program left off the first line. I think gnucash is
expecting something like:

!Type:Bank

as its first line. (Maybe CCard or other account type instead of Bank.)

Dave