Importing QIF fails

Ron Pepper feffer777 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 00:19:02 EST 2005

On 12/5/05, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:

> Quoting Ron Pepper <feffer777 at gmail.com>:
>

> > I'm running gnucash from the GUI, not the terminal. So I don't get any
> > terminal messages. Also, I looked for a gnucash error log, but didn't
> find
> > anything. As I mentioned, I'm fairly new to Linux; where do I find error
> log
> > information?
>
> Run gnucash from the terminal.....

OK, following is the result after starting from terminal and trying to
import the whole qif file:

[rp at localhost ~]$ gnucash --loglevel 6
Enter: gnc_gui_init:
Leave: gnc_gui_init:
Enter: gnc_account_tree_refresh:
Enter: gnc_account_tree_fill: grp=0x80f4810
Leave: gnc_account_tree_fill:
Leave: gnc_account_tree_refresh:
Debug: gnc_build_url:
Debug: sxsincelast_populate: No scheduled transactions to populate.
Enter: gnc_file_dialog:

Leave: gnc_file_dialog:

qif-file:read-file : unknown Security slot G .. continuing anyway.
qif-file:read-file : unknown Security slot G .. continuing anyway.
qif-file:read-file : unknown Security slot G .. continuing anyway.
qif-split:parse-category : can't parse Int Income

Last line reads as above, but copies as:
qif-split:parse-category : can't parse \uffffInt Income

Don't know what this means exactly, but I guess the error is somewhere in
interest income. Any ideas about how to isolate this further?

Thanks,
Ron