Installing Gnucash on OS X 10.3

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Dec 20 03:01:02 EST 2005

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 11:03:11PM -0800, Romil D. Shah wrote:

> I have installed X11 and fink, installed Gnucash using Fink .. and
> then using X11 shell I tried to invoke the program (/sh/bin/gnucash)
> but it exits with an exception, guess invalid binary. Could you please
> be a bit more detailed as to how to install and run it.

This is getting offtopic for the list, and should be best
discussed on http://fink.sourceforge.net/lists/fink-users.php

But:
Did you install Fink properly? Is it the right version for the Tiger?
Can you update and self-update Fink? (If you're not sure, remove
the Fink directory, and install from scratch). Did you use Fink
Commander to install Gnucash? Do other X11 programs work?
What kind of exception does Gnucash throw, when invoked?