Problems with QIF import for checking account - category matching seems horribly designed

Randy Burgess rburgess at usable-thought.com
Thu Dec 29 06:16:15 EST 2005

I should clarify that I use the import process primarily to reconcile
checking - not to import totally new transactions.

As I remember the old process, if you identified a transaction as a
"dupe," the dupe expense account was used - thus there was no wiping out
of this info when importing checking account transactions. That appears
to be gone now.