ISO4217:USD retrieval problem

Nick Stuyt nstuyt at nortel.com
Thu Dec 15 11:06:17 EST 2005

Hello,

For some time now I've been getting a popup window from gnucash-1.8.11
on my fedora core 3 node. Tee popup window shows up when I go through
the menu path "Tools"-> "Price Editor" and ask it to get updates.

Here is the popup windows message (It's name is Question):
Unable to retriece quotes for these items:
	ISO4217:USD
Continue using only the good ones?

The buttons I can choose from are "Yes" and "No"

Tracking the mailing list I assumed that thread titled:
"F_Q is still broken [Was: Exchange rate dowload failing]"
was related and I still do.

It mentions that a newer version of F_Q is available (CVS form) but I've
been waiting patently for the released version to have the fixes. So
periodically I run /usr/bin/update-finance-quote to see if anything new
is released.

I have perl-5.8.5-22.FC3 installed this morning.

When running /usr/bin/update-finance-quote I continually get this
message:

/usr/bin/update-finance-quote
stuff
html/form..............ok
robot/rules-dbm........ok
robot/rules............ok
robot/ua-get...........ok
robot/ua...............ok
local/autoload-get.....ok
local/autoload.........ok
local/get..............ok
local/http-get.........ok
local/http.............ok
local/protosub.........ok
live/activestate.......FAILED test 1
        Failed 1/1 tests, 0.00% okay
live/apache-listing....ok
live/jigsaw-auth-b.....ok
live/jigsaw-auth-d.....ok
live/jigsaw-chunk......Use of uninitialized value in string eq at
live/jigsaw-chunk.t line 14.
live/jigsaw-chunk......FAILED test 2
        Failed 1/5 tests, 80.00% okay
live/jigsaw-md5-get....ok
live/jigsaw-md5........ok
live/jigsaw-neg-get....ok
live/jigsaw-neg........ok
live/jigsaw-te.........ok
live/validator.........ok
Failed Test         Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
live/activestate.t                 1    1 100.00%  1
live/jigsaw-chunk.t                5    1  20.00%  2
Failed 2/41 test scripts, 95.12% okay. 2/827 subtests failed, 99.76%
okay.
make: *** [test] Error 255
  /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
Running make install
  make test had returned bad status, won't install without force