transaction transfer

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Fri Feb 4 15:31:19 EST 2005

On Friday 04 February 2005 4:18 pm, Bill Wohler wrote:
> Andrew Gelvin Burley Grimes <aggrimes at ncsu.edu> writes:
> > I have a slew of transactions in one Gnucash file that I would like to
> > transfer into a different Gnucash file

Whilst you can isolate these transactions and their accounts from the rest of
the book, you currently cannot merge them back into the original (or a
second) book. My merge code is coming along but it's not ready yet.

> > -- the files are set up the
> > same, with the same account hierarchy.  I've done a bit of looking
> > around, at it seems that this might be impossible -- am I wrong?
>
> Did you find or write up anything to do this? I'd like to do the same
> thing. Specifically, I'd like to copy all transactions in one account in
> the first file into an account of the same name in the second file.
>
> It seems it would be a fairly straightforward process,

It isn't.

> but I haven't had
> the time to whip up the perl.

It'll need more than a little Perl - the file contents may appear the same in
the GUI but you'll have to deal carefully with the GUID's.

The code is coming to allow all kinds of transfers between files and users but
there is only so much I can do in the time available.

http://code.neil.williamsleesmill.me.uk/

--

Neil Williams