Gnucash user questions

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Feb 6 23:34:54 EST 2005

Hi,

Quoting marc at osmium.mv.net:

> Hi -
>
> I am running gnucash 1.8.9 on FreeBSD. I am hoping that the ports area of
> FreeBSD updates to 1.8.10 sometime soon, at which point I will upgrade.
> That aside, I have these questions.
>
> 1) I would like to create a scheduled transaction for the purpose of
>    auto-invoicing. Is this possible? It seems to only work for payments.

Assuming you mean the business feature invoicing, the answer is no.  In fact,
you can't set up an SX to apply a business payment, either.

> 2) Why does the mortgage/loan repayment setup mechanism only work for
>    payments? I would like to use it to setup invoicing. Is there a way?

See #1

> 3) In reports, is there a way to get non-graphical Asset and Liability
>    reports, effectively a "show mw all liabilities, sorted"?

Did you try the Balance Sheet?

> 4) Is there a way to have the Bills Due Reminder automatically run
>    periodically, such as daily?

Not in 1.8.  This will be more likely to be possible in a future version.

> 5) Is there a way to have access the Bills Due Reminder list such that
>    you can click on each item to begin the Process Payment mechanism?

Again, not in 1.8, but I think I already support this in CVS HEAD (e.g.
1.10/2.0).