Feature request re comment field and description field

Ben Pracht bpracht at nc.rr.com
Fri Feb 11 10:29:21 EST 2005

First, this applies mostly to the general/journal-ledger view.

I've wanted to track more information in each transaction for a while,
and sometimes the response is to use the comment field.  Unfortunately,
there's only a relatively small text field that'll hold some 30-40
characters (or about) without wrapping.  It sometimes mixes it with the
debit/credit lines, making it appear as a debit or credit to an account
with a zero amount.  I'd really appreciate having a real text area that
I can type in text of greater length, and have it not appear like a
debit/credit line.  Maybe even have it display in a different color.

The line at the top of each transaction showing description/memo field
always has a vertical bar dividing it into two when you enter the
transaction.  I've never been able to get to the right side of this
field, and it always disappears when the line loses focus.  How about
removing this vertical bar altogether?

Thanks,
Ben