Fedora Print Errors

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 16 15:11:30 EST 2005

Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> writes:

> On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 12:21 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> You're missing some fonts.  Unfortunately I dont know which
>> fonts you're missing; most likely some XFree86 fonts.
>
> Fedora Core 3 uses Xorg rather than XFree86 as the X server, so that
> would be xorg fonts.

See, I think that's the misconception here, that just because you're
running xorg that you don't need the xfree86 fonts.  Lack of xfree86
fonts has certainly caused problem on other distributions, so I
think it's a safe bet that it could cause problems on FC3 as well.

Keep in mind that Gnucash is still a gnome-1.4 app, so lots of weird
(old) things are required.