Tracking business expenses from personal account

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Feb 20 00:01:51 EST 2005

E Dodd <edodd at billiau.net> writes:

> I experimented with this, but this won't leave a legally correct trail in my
> books for the tax.
> The account belongs to the company , and i pay it by credit card.
> when the tax amount appears in the company books with the employee expense
> voucher system it has my name against the amount in the tax account. Now, I
> personally am not registered for tax, the company is, and the tax wasn't paid
> to me, it was paid to the supplier, whose name is on the invoice, and whose
> name has to appear in the company accounts.
> Any more ideas?

put the name of the "company" in the memo, so the txn is tied to them,
too.  You can still use the same set of Tax Tables that you'd use for
a straight vendor to get the txns to appear correctly.  Then you just
need to remember to look at the txn split memo instead of the
description for those particular expenses.