Reports from the PostGres Database

ted creedon tcreedon at easystreet.com
Thu Feb 24 11:09:32 EST 2005

I'm looking at the gnucash Postgres database defs and plan to get some perl
reports out this week.

I have converted Quicken/MsMoney to gnucash and corrected the data, saved it
to postgres.

It looks like the database is flat tables with plenty of fields that could
be used for queries.

>From the web site it doesn't look like much report writing is going on (or
documentation).

Not a clue about how database updates are handled (if at all).

Is the sql server db in sync with the .xac file because it is completely
replaced every save?

Any pointers to reports would be appreciated.

One bug I found is in the .dtd when a xml->excel conversion was done. The
tax number is not in its s own separate field, its in with the text
description.

tedc