Business setup tips

Charles Gagnon charlesg at unixrealm.com
Sat Jan 1 18:33:13 EST 2005

Any tips, advice, tutorials on setting up a business on gnucash.
Since I'm just starting now, I want to avoid making costly mistakes.

I'm familiar with double-entry as I already use gnucash religiously
for my personal stuff. I am more interested in things like managing
capital accounts for a multi-member LLC (NY,US).

Do most business users close income and expense accounts on a
quaterly basis and rolls the profit or loss into an equity account
(one account per member)?

I have worried so much about PnL for my personal use, I simply close
out the books every year. But looking at this, it seems to me like
the equity accounts are a lot more important in a business scenario.

--
Charles Gagnon                   | My views are my views and they
http://unixrealm.com             | do not represent those of anybody

   The concept of bedtime is entirely in contradiction to the
   practice of modern-day computing. One of them has got to go!