How do *you* handle end-of-year business accounting?

David J Patrick davidjpatrick at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 4 21:13:12 EST 2005

Laurent Duperval wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know the 1.8.x series does not support end-of-year closings. So, how
> do *you* do it?

I don't ! 'cause I can't get gnucash installed, at the moment, 'cause I
busted apt-get, but that's another story.

There has been considerable discussion about year-end handling, and I'd
like to pipe  in my $0.02, for when I get gnucash goin';

One fiscal one-fiscal-year-per-file is an ideal approach, especially if
gnucash could transparently access multiple year files. One would never
have to worry about screwing up last years stuff (read-only) while
taking advantage of multi-year calculations/report/graph etc.
Perhaps some wizard might guide the Unbalanced Masses towards a more
formal year-end (file) summary, and closure.

thank you,
djp