problem w/first use

Christian & Deborah Henderson xnh at brokenman.com
Tue Jan 4 23:56:50 EST 2005

I just installed gnucash for the first time, and am having some
trouble. I was able to get it to run (OS X 10.3.7) in X11, but every
time I try to run the tutorial or generate a report, I get this error
in the X11 window:

> aborting...
> Abort trap
> Indy:~ xn$ /sw/bin/gnucash
> qif-file:read-file : unknown Security slot G .. continuing anyway.
> qif-file:read-file : unknown Security slot G .. continuing anyway.
> qif-file:read-file : unknown Security slot G .. continuing anyway.
> qif-file:read-file : unknown Security slot G .. continuing anyway.
> qif-file:read-file : unknown Security slot G .. continuing anyway.
>
> gtkhtml-ERROR **: gconf error: Failed to launch configuration server:
> Failed execute child process (No such file or directory)

Can anyone help me decipher that and figure out what I should do? I'm
pretty new at command-line stuff.

Thank you!