year end

Doctorcam cam at ellisonpsychology.ca
Wed Jan 5 19:50:55 EST 2005

* Blair Lowe (gnucash at zedemail.ca) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for all the info so far: it is greatly appreciated.
>
> OK I looked at the options for the "accounts receivable report". That is
> the problem here. It only has one date that you can set, and if you now
> (in 2005) set it to December 31, 2004, it will not show data in 2004:
> major issue. We need to span years, for example, from 2004/03/01 to
> 2005/02/28.
>
> Is there somewhere else that we can set a start and end date for the
> accounts receivable report, and other year end type reports?

I always roll my own, starting with the Transaction Report, and adding
and pruning as necessary.  That way the dates are whatever I want, not
to mention that I can also use subaccounts.  My Accounts Receivable
account actually has nothing in it.  This approach doesn't give precise aging,
but you should be able to fake that by sorting appropriately.

Cheers

Cam

--
Cam Ellison  Ph.D.  R.Psych. #01417